Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes



I know it is summertime and it is hot, but last weekend I was craving pancakes!  While you can certainly whip them up with Bisquick or your favorite recipe, these might be a nice chance of pace.  It makes a flatter and less fluffy pancake than Bisquick pancakes and they're more moist too!


Do you want to try?  They look pretty good right? :)



Buttermilk Pancakes
3 C. buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (1/2 cup) stick margarine- melted
4 eggs beaten
2 C. flour (this is a rough amount, it can be a bit more or less depending on the consistence of the batter.)

Bake on Hot griddle around 350-375 degrees  To reheat the leftovers I put them in the toaster and they warm back up nicely without getting soggy.

I am pretty sure everyone can make pancakes but I thought I'd mention a few things that I feel help with the recipe.  


As I mentioned the consistency is pretty thin. It should pour easily.


It is kind of hard to see here but they don't raise much.  I can tell when it is time to flip them by the bubbles.



YUM!



I like them with syrup but my daughter and husband prefer strawberry sauce.  The sauce we like is homemade using this great recipe I mentioned in this post.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)