Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress Review

Nothing like starting a new blog and then not posting anything for a few days!  Sorry!  I have this bad habit of completely neglecting everything but my children when I am reading a book.  I just finished The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman last night so hopefully I can return to the real world for at least a few days.  (I do have another book from the library here waiting to be read so we'll see.)



The dress I wanted to talk about today is the Ice Cream dress from Oliver + S.  This is the first pattern of theirs that I have sewn.  I don't know why but I thought they seemed to fancy and hard to sew.  But I was wrong!  This dress came together easily and looks quite cute.  I got the idea for my fabric choices and style from this dress.  I did put the pockets on my dress, which I thought would add to the dress, and she likes to put her hands in pockets.





I did choose to blend them into the dress by keeping the fabric the same in the dress bottom as pockets. You can hardly see them!  Peyton has worn this quite a bit and even wore it for preschool graduation last month.  Also what I like about this style of dress is that it can be a tunic eventually too. The pattern does have marking for sewing a tunic, but I like to sew up a dress first and then someday it can be a tunic! :)



The only thing I am not crazy about is the button closure in the back, while this does make the dress easy to sew (and is the first one I've done.) my daughter's long hair gets really tangled up in it!  That being said I still hope to sew more dresses from this pattern and more patterns from Oliver + S.







 Thanks for visiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, I love to hear what you have to say! :)